Our Emergency Department is Always Open!
The Emergency Department at Georgetown Community Hospital is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week with experienced ER physicians and staff. Our department offers quick access to diagnostics, such as lab and x-ray.
The hospital ED staff works hard to get patients evaluated and treated as quickly as possible. Our goal is to meet the immediate healthcare needs of our patients and provide direction for follow up.
When possible, patients are advised to:
- bring bottles for every medication being taken, including over-the-counter, herbal, nasal spray or topical lotions
- bring a current list of all physicians currently being seen
- bring past medical history, including medical conditions such as diabetes, etc.
- bring a list of any drug, food or other allergies, such as latex, peanuts, insects, etc., including type of reaction (difficulty breathing, swelling of lips, etc.)
- bring contact information including phone numbers, for the person you would like to have contacted if necessary
- bring a copy of your Advance Directive
Georgetown Community Hospital is a member of the UK Stroke Affiliate Network, which allows Scott County residents to access emergency stroke care even faster. It is critical to stay close to home for TPA treatment, because even a few extra minutes on the road can lead to more extensive loss of brain. Once the patient receives the thrombolytic at GCH, they are transferred to UK for additional stroke treatment. Georgetown Community Hospital’s close relationship with UK and use of UK’s protocols will allow Georgetown’s staff and the MESA physicians to provide better patient care and maximize the potential for the best possible outcome.
If you are having a medical emergency, please dial 911
For all other questions about the Emergency Department, please call (502) 868-1221
or toll-free 1-877-868-1221